- Online registration will close on Thurday, September 24th. What if I miss the deadline but would still like to participate?
- It's not too late! You register on race day by visiting our 'Race Day Registration' table the day of the event:
- Use an available laptop to fill in your registration information.
- Pay the cashier (cash, credit card and check accepted).
I want to reactivate my old team but I forgot the name. How do I find it?
- Click on "Start/Join a Team", then click on "Join a Team". From here you can hit the search button to see a list of all the teams - this year's and teams from the past two years - and you can reactivate your team.
How can I register?
- Online (register as an individual or as part of a team)
What are the benefits of registering before the race?
- Save time by avoiding long lines on Race Day.
- Bypass pre-registration and go straight to packet pick-up to receive your Alive & Running t-shirt and race bib.
- Can I register with my family member and/or significant other?
- YES! You can register yourself and your family members or significant other in the same transaction. After you fill out your own registration information online, there will be a space to add an additional registrant to your transaction.
How can I sponsor the event?
- Can I change my fundraising goal (thermometer)?
- YES! Click here and enter your Username and Password. Once logged in, click on "Participant Center" in the upper right corner of site. On the "Progress"; page, next to "My Goal," there is an option to "change" your goal. Enter a new goal amount.
- If you want to change your "Team Goal", in the right corner of the "Progress" page is a link to your "Team". You can "change" your team goal there.
Can I sponsor a walker or runner and pay later (also known as a pledge)?
- YES! Walkers/Runners can enter pledges from their personal page by clicking "Enter Gift" and selecting "pay later".
- Are you a returning participant?
- Team information starts new every year however, you are invited to use the same team name as last year. In the "Team Name" box, type in your old team name.
- How can I customize my personal/team page(s)?
- Click on the "Participant Center" to personalize your page, update your goals and invite friends to join you in the race! Click here for a tutorial.
I want a booth at the Alive & Running Expo Fair...
- Call our office at 310-751-5420 and we'll explain all the details.
- I want to train for the 5K?...
- What are the memorial banners?
- Every year, we remember our loved ones that have been lost to suicide by listing them on our Memorial Banners displayed at the event. Two banners are displayed: one lists names only and the other includes photos of those to be remembered. If you would like to have your loved one’s name and/or photo included, please remember to fill in their name during your online registration. Photos must be emailed (high res jpeg preferred) to AliveandRunning@DidiHirsch.org by September 19th.
- Can I run in memory or in honor of a loved one?
- Yes! You are encouraged to walk/run in memory or in honor of your loved one. Free memory bibs are available for pickup at the "In-Memory Bibs Station" on race day, and are worn in addition to your race number bib.
- How can I volunteer for Alive & Running?
- Click here or on the Volunteer button on the homepage
- You can also download the volunteer form and mail to:
Alive & Running 5K
4760 Sepulveda Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90230
- Contact the Didi Hirsch Development office at 310.751.5455 or at AliveandRunning@DidiHirsch.org. Write "Alive & Running Volunteer" in the subject line.
- Need verification for your volunteer hours after the 5K? Download the volunteer verification form here.
- Click here for event day instructions: All volunteers should arrive on site by 7:30am and check in at the volunteer booth.
For more information about Alive & Running or other events, please contact the Didi Hirsch Development Department at 310.751.5455 or AliveandRunning@DidiHirsch.org
Top 10 Teams
Team Beth ($25,132.00)
Team Fletcher ($15,130.00)
SPC Crisis Line Team ($12,107.00)
Chairman's Mayo ($10,127.00)
Team Julian ($7,504.00)
Aiko's Team ($5,735.38)
Team Lichstein ($5,160.00)
BDO USA ($4,300.00)
Team Curry ($2,980.00)
Team Bonkers! ($2,053.00)
Find a Participant or Team
Presenting Sponsor ($25,000)
Fletcher Family Foundation
Elite Sponsor ($10,000)
Pamela and Earl Kluft
Beth Whitehead and John Rogers
Gold Medal Sponsor ($5,000)
East West Bank Foundation
The Saban Charitable Support Fund
Tracy and Evan Segal
Silver Medal Sponsor ($2,500)
Janine and Henry Lichstein
Primary Care Physician Assistant Program at USC
Bronze Medal Sponsor ($1,000)
BDO USA, LLP
Tiffany Brown, PsyD and Christopher J. Harrer
Kita Curry, PhD and Peter Curry
Nancy and Mike Eisenstadt
eTel Connections, LLC
Linda and Martin J. Frank
Kim Kowsky and Sheldon Cohn
La Tijera United Methodist Church
Karen and Tom Miller
Debbie, Rick, Ashley and Jeremy Powell
Julie and Bradley Shames and Family
Anne and Philip Strauss
Travel By Inace
Lisa and Michael Wierwille