24 HOUR SUICIDE
- What if I didn’t pre-register?
- Visit the pre-registration table to fill out a scantron*
- Take the scantron to the registration table to pay registration fees
- Take your receipt to packet pick-up to obtain your t-shirt, bib and chip.
*What is the scantron? A form to identify you, containing your basic information.
- Why do I need it? It electronically connects you (the walker/runner) to your chip. By bubbling in your name and information, we are able to track your time
- When do I fill out the scantron?
- If you pre-register, the scantron is completed electronically for you.
- If you are registering on “race-day”, you must fill out the scantron at the pre-registration table.
Didi Hirsch Mental Health ServicesC/O Development4760 S. Sepulveda Blvd.Culver City, CA 90230
- I want to reactivate my old team but I forgot the name. How do I find it?
Click on "Start/Join a Team", then click on "Join a Team". From here you can hit the search button to see a list of all the teams - this year's and teams from the past two years - and you can reactivate your team.
- How can I register?
- Online (register as an individual or as a team)
- By mail – Download the Registration form. Fill it out and mail it in, with payment, to:
- What are the benefits of registering before the race?
- Save time and hassle of “race-day” crowds
- Pre-printed scantron* and your bib, pre-printed with your name and number
- Bypass pre-registration and go straight to packet pick-up and receive the Alive & Running t-shirt, race bib and race chip
- Can I register with my family member and/or significant other?
- YES! You can register yourself and your family members or significant other in the same transaction. After you fill-in your own registration information, there will be a space to add another registrant to your transaction
- Are you under 18?
- How can I sponsor the event?
- Can I change my fundraising goal (thermometer)?
- YES! Log in from the Alive & Running home page. Click on “Participant Center”. On the “Progress” page, next to “My Goal”, there is an option to “change” your goal. Enter a new goal amount.
- If you want to change your "Team Goal", in the right corner of the "Progress" page is a link to your "Team". You can "change" your team goal there.
- Can I sponsor a walker/runner and pay later (pledge)?
- YES! Walkers/runners can enter pledges from their personal page by clicking “Enter Gift” and selecting “pay later”
- Are you a returning participant?
- Team information starts new every year, but you are invited to use the same team name as last year. In the “Team Name” box, type in your old team name.
- How can I customize my personal/team page(s)?
- Click on the “Participant Center” to personalize your page, update your goals and invite friends to join you in the race! Click here for a tutorial.
- What are the memorial banners?
- A long-standing tradition at Didi Hirsch, the two banners, one with names only and the other with both names and photos, are created to remember our loved ones lost to suicide. If you would like to have your loved one’s name and/or photo included, please remember to fill in their name during your online registration. Photos must be emailed (jpeg preferred) to Development@DidiHirsch.org by September 13th
- Can I run in memory or in honor of a loved one?
- Yes! You are encouraged to walk/run in memory or in honor of your loved one. Free bibs will be available to handwrite your loved one’s name. This bib is worn in addition to your race number.
- How can I volunteer for Alive & Running?
- Click here or on the Volunteer button on the homepage
- Download the volunteer form and mail to:
Alive & Running 5K
4760 Sepulveda Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90230
- Contact the Didi Hirsch Development office at 310.751.5455 or at MRoble@DidiHirsch.org. Write "Alive & Running Volunteer" in the subject line.
- Need verification for your volunteer hours after the 5K? Download the volunteer verification form here.
- Click here for event day instructions: All volunteers should arrive on site by 7:30am and check in at the volunteer booth.
For more information about Alive & Running or other events, contact the Didi Hirsch Development office at 310.751.5455 or MRoble@DidiHirsch.org